Air Lease Corporation Announces Additional Aircraft Purchases and Lease Placements Including its First Boeing 787-9 Lease Transaction
LOS ANGELES, California, April 30, 2012 — Air Lease Corporation (NYSE: AL) announced today the following transactions covering 11 twin aisle aircraft and two single aisle aircraft including:
• The purchase of eight new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for lease to Vietnam Airlines. Deliveries of the eight 787-9 "Dreamliner" aircraft are scheduled for 2017 and 2018. This transaction marks ALC's longest lead time for a lease placement to date.
• The purchase from Macquarie Aviation of one B777-300ER on long term lease to Emirates (a new customer for ALC).
• One incremental A330-200 on long term lease to KLM delivering in 2013.
• One A330-300 from the ALC pipeline on long term lease to Sichuan Airlines delivering in 2013. Sichuan airlines also executed a four year extension on one A319 aircraft currently on lease from ALC.
• One Embraer 190 from the ALC pipeline leased to LAM (Mozambique) delivering in 2012.
“These global lease placements demonstrate the growth of our widebody business in Asia, the addition of Emirates to our customer base, our increasing level of business with KLM, as well as our further expansion into proven carriers in Southern Africa such as LAM. The marketplace for the products represented by these lease placements remain strong," said John L. Plueger, President & Chief Operating Officer of ALC.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are based on current expectations and projections about our future results, prospects and opportunities and are not guarantees of future performance. Such statements will not be updated unless required by law. Actual results and performance may differ materially from those expressed or forecasted in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including those discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
About Air Lease Corporation (NYSE: AL)
Launched in 2010, ALC is an aircraft leasing company based in Los Angeles, California that has airline customers throughout the world. ALC and its team of dedicated and experienced professionals are principally engaged in purchasing commercial aircraft and leasing them to its airline partners worldwide through customized aircraft leasing and financing solutions. For more information, visit ALC's website at www.airleasecorp.com.
Assistant Vice President
Strategic Planning and Investor Relations
Email: [email protected]
Laura St. John
Media and Investor Relations Coordinator
Email: [email protected]